Investment Specialist, Investment Services
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Feb 18, 2014|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
As the Investment Specialist you will be responsible for working together with branches to provide investment advice and solutions to members and spotting opportunities for more complex planning and investment solutions. You will proactively build solid working partnerships with our branch personnel to facilitate introductions to existing members and potential members, analyze and identify the needs of the referred members and develop recommendations, supported by Qtrade’s financial planning tools to assist members to achieve their financial goals along with serving as the "subject matter expert" for our members to ensure that their financial planning experience is second to none. Additionally you will build collaborative working relationships with staff external to the department and external networks to assist in building our wealth management business. You will be responsible to support the annual business plan, remain current on best practises, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures and work collaboratively with staff and external contacts to ensure all objectives are met.
As part of these responsibilities, the following key performance areas identify the major accountabilities related to the position and will be evaluated regularly. The specific results expected in each key performance area will be developed and agreed to by the incumbent and the AVP, Investment Services.
- Business Plan Achievement
- Service Satisfaction
- Personal Growth & Professionalism
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and must be able to be an IIROC Registered Representative.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Personal Financial Planner (PFP).
- Strong familiarity with financial planning tools/software.
- Minimum 5 years experience in financial planning/investment sales.
- Must have superior knowledge of the investment industry and products.
- Proven networking and relationship building skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Superior sales abilities (active listening, identifying business opportunities, influencing & negotiating, asking for the business).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and aptitude to learn other programs.
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce or Business Administration will be considered an asset;
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at firstcalgary.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
|Applications are being accepted until March 19, 2014, or until a successful candidate is selected
< < Back